Fresh Lids, silicone
Fresh lids, silicone
Fresh lids or flexi fit lids are 100% silicone. BPA free. They are a fantastic replacement for glad wrap and sold as a set of 5 lids, with 1 size of each, 17 cm, 15 cm, 12 cm, 10 cm and 6.5cm. The 6.5 cm is also sold separately. Most commonly used for storing foodstuffs, replacement lids for plastic containers, tin can lids and over the ends of fruit and vegetables. The fresh lids 5 pack will fit any size container from 6.5cm to 20cm in diameter and will stretch to fit most shapes.
When putting the fresh lids on larger size containers we recommend that you work around the edge of the container, stretching the lid on as you go. The friction of the silicone will hold the lid in place. Once the Fresh Lid is on, you can then vacuum seal it by slightly lifting one edge and pushing down on the lid to expel some air from the container.
Fresh lids, silicone hints
- The Fresh Lids mixed 5 pack work best on a dry surface.
- Please ensure that neither the lid or the container is wet or oily.
For soft and odd shaped fruit, simply leave a gap around the edge. As long as you have placed it face down in the fridge the silicone will seal up the open surface. When putting the fresh lids on to fruit or vegetables, it is best to not make contact with the edge of the lid and the cut surface of the fruit or vegetable. They stick best when the edge is dry. Fresh lids are also safe to use in the freezer.
- The fresh lids are not recommended in the microwave, however the microwave will not damage them.
- Also SOME dishwashing liquids leave a residue on the lids, just rinse off with warm water.
- Do not over stretch the larger lids as they do have a limit.
Food grade silicone, no Carcinogenic, BPA free.